Monday, March 5, 2012

03/05 - Tryin'

So, I went to Brooklyn the pother day to work on finalizing a few things to do with the show, walked out feeling confident but very quickly lost my giddiness - I dropped my camera, water the waterfront area near Water Street, and bustled the lens. Seems small but things have gotten so tight I don't think I can get another one. Need the camera...need to record the work so I can post it online on my various blogs and networking sites including FB and Kickstarter or I can't promote my show and garner support - a camera used to be an option but now it's an essential. I gotta find a solution....soon.  everytime I look at y broken camera I think "nah, you're not really boken. I can fix you. Just haven't figued out how yet!" But it is very, very broken.

On the upside, I'm working as much as I can to get the prints together. I spend approx. 5-8 hours a day, 4-5 days a week printing out silk screen illustrations. My head, however, won't let the work I've done go - it's always looking for a way to improve what's been done...which is good. The process can also stymie my ability to work on new stuff which then gets me feeling like I'm not moving forward, which then triggers my OCD and depression which then leaves me to believe that everyone knows I'm not doing my best and am headed towards complete failure. Lately, it's been hard keeping my head from going downt that road. A small set back, like the broken Fuji, can get me spiraling. I gotta figure out the camera situation - I have to have recorded proof that I'm making progresss.

I'm tryin' here. I'm really tryin' to stay on schedule - I've only got 10 more days left to work on the print project so .... get up, get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment