Sunday, January 1, 2012

01/01/12 - New Year, new blog, new city, newy new new old me.

Here we are in 2012 and I'm wicked excited - I firmly believe 2012 is going to be full of magic and success. I believe, with proper planning and determination, 2012 is going to be the year I achieve a level of advance in my art "career" I never thought I was possible of attaining. But first I have to have a think about what I want and where I want to be, break it down into quarters, then months and then put my head down and charge on. Lucky for me Year of the Dragon really doesn't start till Jan 23rd but I want to be prepared..........where do I want my life to take me......??? I know I need to focus on the book Scootertown so top of the focus/to do list right now is:
  • Make 5-6 color pages from the book
  • Make and print new project illustration pages
  • Send out copies of the book and get letters of recommendation
  • Put together a promotion package for publishers with letters
  • Secure a rep
Other plans for work:
  • Book and participate in 3-6 shows in NYC and the Burroughs
  • Book and participate in 3-6 shows in the Boston area
  • Book and participate in 3-6 shows in Providence
  • Book participation in show(s) for 2013 in Germany
  • Set income goal - WORK TO ACHIEVE IT!
  • Show, show, show!!!!!!
  • Secure a rep/agent
  • Develop a following, 
  • Develop and send out promotion package to newspapers and magazines
  • Get work published.....!!! - list publications
  • Update website - keep it updated
  • Rebuild website into what I originally designed
Theme for the year? Achievement? Success? Powerful ascendancy? Conquest?

The to do list will grow but that's a good, over all place to start thinking in whatever direction the dragon wants to take me in. One thing is for certain: Look out 2012 - I am going to eat you ALIVE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment