Thursday, January 5, 2012

01/05/12 - Oh where, oh where has my camera gone?

Oh where, oh where can it be? I had the stupid thing 2 days ago when Bugs and I were driving around taking pics of downtown Providence....

So, in the past 24 hours I finally figured out how to set up all the different rooms in "camere di: questo in quel modo, fino" - ("rooms of: this way that, up", the name of my new apartment) as individual studios with separate functions but I can't show you because the camera has escaped or gone a vaca. But, here's the breakdown: I have 2 drawing rooms - the Scootertown room, which is also a bedroom, and a sketch work/drawing room, where I also keep the computer; and 2 painting rooms, one where I start the work with acrylics, and the other is a finishing room, where I sort thru the ending stages of my paintings with oils, oil crayon and pencil

The separate spaces in my 5 room (including the kitchen, or the drying room) apartment might sound completely extravagant but I need to have highly defined layout system to work efficiently and effectively otherwise my head ends up muddied . Delineation sounds confining but defined space allows my head to roam an expanse of ideas and intents seamlessly and without much effort. Too, defined space provides me with a clear path to the task assigned to each space and, therefore, I find it easy to slip from one project to another, one idea to another, one intent to another as a result of my compulsion to compartmentalize - when I've organized my work as well as my surroundings, I go into a state almost like a meditation when i work. I become free thru structure....like a 5 year old.

Anyway, wish I could find the camera. I spent yesterday working on work for the first time in probably 2 months and I wanna share. So much for organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment