Tuesday, February 21, 2012

02/21 - Is it today already?

Although I don't really take a "day off" I'm still dissapointed that my work week has started again. I'd really appreciate having more time ot get things done....

Yesterday, Tues. the 20th, I lost most of the day making a vid for Kickstarter and then, at the end of the day, had a catastrophe happen. One of my paintings fell over, hit the back of a chair and suffered a huge rip in the canvas - it's one of the best paintings I've ever produced so I'm devasted but I'm hoping my efforts to repair the damage will pay off.

This is the 2nd time I've done this portrait and, although this one is MUCH larger than the first and has a completely different feel, the 2nd portrait has been damaged and in the exact same spot as the first, however, I'm not just going to throw the work away this time. This time I'm going to use patience, diligence, a little bit of know how and some welcome advice to repair the piece..... before falling into complete dispair and ripping it off the stretcher.

I feel like I spend 1/2 my time fixing mistakes and redoing work that should have been done right the first time - I hate wasting time. Hopefully I'll find my rhythm today - I'm headed to AS220 this afternoon to print two designs and emboss some already printed silk screen illustration. Fingers crossed that today will go smoothly......and focus, focus.

To see my Kickstarter vid, read about my Kick project and to review rewards for investing in my project please go to: goo.gl/Xzj7p

Okay off we go to try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment